BRAMPTON, ON (February 7, 2020) – Join City of Brampton staff for a unique opportunity to learn about careers in Brampton Transit and Fire and Emergency Services on Tuesday, February 25, from 3 to 8 pm at Chris Gibson Recreation Centre.
Operating a bus and fighting fires may be the best-known roles in these departments, but there are a range of important positions that make up these teams. The City employs mechanics, forepersons, and administrators. There are roles in information technology, mapping, customer service, public education, and more.
Attend the City’s Career Expo to:
- Learn about career pathways and development opportunities with Transit and Fire
- Hear stories from the employees who are currently part of these teams
- Participate in a free Resume Clinic to help you put your best self forward – bring your resume and City specialists will review it with you
Delivering excellent service starts with an inspired, passionate team. This event is new for the City, and the team is excited to increase awareness about career opportunities. While the City is unable to accept resumes during the Expo, staff will provide job-seekers with information about qualifications and the hiring process.
Chris Gibson Recreation Centre is located at 125 McLaughlin Road, between Williams Parkway and Queen Street.
- In January 2020, the City of Brampton was recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers 2020, a list of the 300 top employers in Canada. The City was one of only two Government Services organizations in the top 50 on the list.
- In November 2019, the City of Brampton created a five-year Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and Work Plan. It sets out opportunities to foster a more inclusive organizational culture that engages, develops and celebrates its people, and attracts a diverse workforce.
“A Well-Run City includes a modern, diverse and inclusive workforce – a key part of the City’s new five-year Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Strategy. Together, we’re growing a diverse workforce reflective of the community the City of Brampton serves.”
- Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
“Our team is excited to continue delivering results for our residents. Attracting people who reflect our community and share our values creates a work environment where City employees thrive. If you’re driven to make a difference for Brampton, I encourage you to attend our first-ever Career Expo to learn about exciting careers in Transit or Fire and Emergency Services.”
- David Barrick, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 650,000 people and 70,000 businesses
. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter
, and Instagram
. Learn more at www.brampton.ca