BRAMPTON, ON - The City of Brampton has received top honours for its information management practices from the Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA) International.
The ARMA International Award of Excellence for an Organization was announced on October 22 at the ARMA Live! 2018 Conference in Anaheim, California, USA.
ARMA is the world’s leading membership organization serving the professionals who manage and govern information assets. This was the first time the City of Brampton applied for this award and was the only organization internationally to score recognition within this category.
The award recognizes the City’s outstanding achievement in implementing or improving a records and information governance program.
In order to be recognized, the City had to demonstrate how it achieved each of the eight Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP).
Highlights of the City’s nomination include these initiatives:
- Change management, by implementing a cloud-based records system - BRIMS.
- Automating records retention.
- Protecting personal information, including conducting privacy risk assessments and privacy impact assessments on new technologies, programs and services that collect and use personal information.
- More effective email management.
- Ensuring transparency through open government; posting an index of Freedom of Information requests on the City’s webpage.
- Making more data sets available online.
For more information, visit www.arma.org.
“Technology has been an important enabler in modernizing the corporation. Enhancing our information management systems has helped us become more efficient, responsive and agile when meeting the needs of our residents and businesses. The ARMA award is yet another testament to our commitment to organizational excellence and transparent business practices.”
- Harry Schlange, Chief Administrative Officer
Pictured above, Janice Adshead (seated far right), Deputy Clerk, Records & Information Management, City of Brampton, seen with members of her team.
Brampton is thinking bigger.
We are a future ready organization with a sharp focus. We know our community’s growth, youth and diversity set us apart. We sit at the centre of Canada’s innovation super corridor, encouraging investment and growing our global success. We are building vibrant urban centres that ignite opportunity and instill pride in the people who live and work here. We are moving Brampton forward to be a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold. Follow us on Twitter
, and Instagram
. Learn more at www.brampton.ca