BRAMPTON, ON – Head down to Brampton’s vibrant Garden Square to enjoy daily programming and family-friendly activities all summer long! Take in the city’s diverse arts and culture programming, including: live entertainment, movie nights on the giant LED screen, local artists, and more. Located downtown at Main and Queen Streets, Garden Square is a great space to enjoy the season to its fullest.
Highlights this year include:
• World Cup fever in Garden Square! Games will be broadcast from the group stages to the finals on July 15.
• Brampton’s first Pride celebration on Sunday, July 8 will boast family-friendly entertainment, performers, music, and more.
• Stomp N’ Stampede on July 22 - grab your cowboy hat and boots and head down.
• Parks N’ Wreck, new this year, offers free workshops, street dance battles, and social dancing on August 12.
• A city favourite, the East Coast Kitchen Party, returns August 26. Maritimers and mainlanders alike are invited to celebrate the culture of the East Coast with entertainment, activities and delicious food.
Garden Square is where Brampton comes to life. Visit www.brampton.ca/gardensquare for a full event listing:
• Mondays: Brampton on Screen ∙ 7 pm
• Tuesdays: Unboxed (Just for Youth) ∙ 7 pm
• Wednesdays: Brampton on Stage ∙ 7 pm
• Thursdays: Bollywood Film Nights ∙ 7 pm
• Fridays: Friday Night Live ∙ 8 pm Opener | 9 pm Headliner
• Saturdays: Saturday Night Movies ∙ 7 pm | 9 pm
• Sundays: Special events
The Rose kicks off a richly diverse 2018 – 2019 season with a summer theatre series, which runs from July 24 to September 7. Enjoy North America’s largest Bhangra competition, in partnership with Flower City Bhangra, August 4. Delight in the World of Jazz Festival in early September, headlined by Michael Kaeshammer, presented in partnership with Brampton organization B-Jazzed.
“Residents want a vibrant city with exciting public spaces to gather with their family, friends and the community. Garden Square and The Rose are the places to do that. This summer, the offerings planned in downtown Brampton are culturally diverse and inclusive, and promises fun for everyone. I invite you to visit the Square and downtown to be part of the energy and to enjoy the welcoming feeling in this community space.”
- Mayor Linda Jeffrey
Brampton is thinking bigger.
We are a future ready organization with a sharp focus. We know our community’s growth, youth and diversity set us apart. We sit at the centre of Canada’s innovation super corridor, encouraging investment and growing our global success. We are building vibrant urban centres that ignite opportunity and instill pride in the people who live and work here. We are moving Brampton forward to be a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold. Follow us on Twitter
. Learn more at www.brampton.ca