BRAMPTON, ON (June 16, 2022) – Starting June 17, members of the public can apply to become a Municipal Election worker and assist with the administrative and customer service functions on Voting Day, October 24. More than 2,000 positions are available. Preference will be given to Brampton residents 18 years or older.
This is a great opportunity to gain new skills, get to know City staff and connect with your community. There are several positions available and the detailed job descriptions will be available at www.brampton.ca/bramptonvotes on June 17.
Visit the Election team at the Brampton Celebrates Pride event in Garden Square on Sunday, June 19! Drop by the kiosk located across from the Lorna Bissell fountain to get your questions answered by staff and apply on the spot.
• Those interested can apply online at www.brampton.ca/bramptonvotes starting June 17.
• Hard copy applications will be available at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 2 Wellington Street West, starting June 17.
• The City Clerk’s Office is open weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Persons who are appointed will be notified in September 2022, and will be required to commit to two to three hours of training, including in-class and material review, prior to October 24, and will work up to 14 hours on October 24.
• Positions for advance voting are also available. Advance voting will take place on October 7, 8, 9, 14 and 15.
• Training and compensation will be provided.
• Previous experience and computer skills are preferred.
“With an eligible voter base of more than 350,000, the support of Election workers is crucial in the effective running of the Municipal Election. Anyone with the spirit to serve is welcome to apply. Whether you’re a student looking to learn more about municipal government, a newcomer to Brampton keen to gain local experience, or a resident wanting to give back to your community, there’s an opportunity for you!”
- Peter Fay, City Clerk and Returning Officer, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 700,000 people and 75,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable, and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
City of Brampton Media Relations