BRAMPTON, ON (March 31, 2022) – Potential 2022 Municipal and School Board Election candidates and third party advertisers are invited to join the City of Brampton at an information session on Tuesday, April 12, 2022, from 7 to 10 pm.
The information session, hosted in partnership with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, will be a hybrid in-person and virtual meeting held in the Council Chambers in Brampton City Hall.
The session will provide an overview of key requirements, including:
• Candidate and third party advertiser eligibility and responsibilities
• Nomination and registration process
• Campaign finances
• Key dates and resources
The session is open to anyone who is considering running as a candidate or registering as a third party advertiser in the Brampton 2022 Municipal and School Board Election. Registration for the information session is mandatory. To register attendance in-person or virtually via Webex, visit brampton.ca/bramptonvotes.
• Information on becoming a candidate or third party advertiser can be found here
• Candidate nomination period opens on May 2 and closes on August 19 at 2 pm
• Third party advertiser registration opens on May 2 and closes on October 21
• Voting Day is October 24
• The next information session for nominated candidates and registered third parties will be held in September 2022
"The City’s information session, hosted with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, will help potential candidates gain a better understanding of what is required of them should they choose to file their nomination in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election, and help potential third party advertisers learn about registration requirements. We invite anyone interested in learning more to register and join us."
- Peter Fay, City Clerk and Returning Officer for 2022 Brampton Municipal Election
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to 700,000 people and 75,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
City of Brampton Media Relations