BRAMPTON, ON (January 26, 2022) – The City of Brampton has been recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers 2022.
This year, the City ranked 98th out of 300, and this is the fourth year in a row the City has ranked on the list.
Forbes partnered with market research company Statista to compile the annual list, surveying more than 10,000 Canadians working for companies with more than 500 employees. Participants rated their organizations based on their willingness to recommend them to friends and family. They were also asked to nominate organizations other than their own.
City of Brampton Highlights
• In January 2022, the City of Brampton launched a Flexible Work Program supporting flexibility in where and when employees work; including options for remote work, flex-time, job sharing and compressed work weeks. This program is part of the Workplace Modernization initiative, which also includes space planning to accommodate flexible work options and support collaboration.
• In 2020, the City established its Economic Empowerment and Anti-Black Racism Unit to take meaningful action against anti-Black racism in the community. In 2021, the Unit held in-depth community consultations, conferences and events to support the development of a five-year action plan. The City also developed an internal Black Employee Engagement Network, and launched the Black and Indigenous Youth Internship and Co-op Program in the performing arts, the first of its kind in Canada.
• In December 2020, the City announced the new Equity Office to serve its employees and citizens. The Equity Office focuses on identifying and removing barriers in the workplace and community regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, disability, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, same sex partnership, age, marital status, family status, immigrant status, receipt of public assistance, political affiliation, religious affiliation, level of literacy, language and/or socio-economic status.
“We are incredibly proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the fourth year in a row. Brampton is a Well-Run City, and our employees are dedicated to building a community for our residents that is safe, sustainable and successful. This recognition of being an employer of choice for our staff speaks to their passion for our community, and to getting results for our residents.”
- Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
“Brampton is a Mosaic, and at the City we are continuing to grow an inclusive workforce that reflects our diverse community. Through such initiatives as our Equity Office, we are working to ensure a harmonious environment for City staff and fair and equitable treatment of all individuals so that we attract the very best candidates, without barriers. We celebrate being recognized by Forbes again as one of Canada’s Best Employers.”
- Harkirat Singh, Chair, Corporate Services; City Councillor, Wards 9 & 10, City of Brampton
“The City of Brampton continues to take steps to remove barriers and modernize our workplace so that it is fair and equitable for all. Our employees are passionate about serving our diverse community, and we are dedicated to creating opportunities for them, while building an inclusive and engaging workplace culture. We are proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the fourth consecutive year.”
- Rowena Santos, Regional Councillor Wards 1&5, Vice-Chair, Corporate Services, City of Brampton
“At the City of Brampton, we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that engages, develops and celebrates our people, based on the shared commitment to deliver our Term of Council Priorities. It is our team of more than 6,000 employees that makes the City such a great place to work. It is a great accomplishment to be recognized by Forbes and our employees, for the fourth consecutive year as one of Canada’s Best Employers.”
- David Barrick, Chief Administrative Officer, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to more than 700,000 people and 75,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
Media Relations, City of Brampton