Brampton needs a fair deal for healthcare. From overcrowding hallway medicine, healthcare in Brampton is chronically underfunded. Now, the City of Brampton is demanding funding for healthcare from the Province of Ontario.
We’re demanding, the completion of Phase 2 at Peel Memorial, and urgent action for a third healthcare facility in Brampton
Together, we can take a stand.
You can sign the petition, share your story and follow our campaign across social media, using #FairDealForBrampton.
- Sign the petition. You can find the petition at a range of City facilities, including City Hall, recreation centres and libraries. The petition will also be available at special events throughout the summer. You can also download a pdf of the petition, get your friends and neighbours to sign it and mail it back.
- Send an email to your local MPP. Let them know you're expecting them to be part of the solution for Brampton.
- Change your social media avatar. Help promote and show your support for #FairDealForBrampton by adding our special frame to your profile picture using Twibbon, click here.
- Join our I Want A #FairDealForBrampton Facebook group by clicking here. Whether it’s about your healthcare hero or long wait times, share your Brampton healthcare story, read other testimonials and engage with fellow #FairDealForBrampton advocates.
- Follow #FairDealForBrampton on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram! Stay up to date on the latest news, key facts and information as we campaign for Brampton healthcare funding.
Brampton Civic ED
Built for 90,000 visits/year
Actual visits: 130,000/year
Funded to 10,000 visits/year
Actual visits: 75,000/year
38% of population aged 12+ has one or more chronic condition
46% Highest projected dementia rate in the province between 2015-2025