About the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
Click here to take part in our survey.
Brampton’s parks and recreation facilities are vital to the personal, community, social and economic wellbeing of our city. To ensure that our infrastructure and programming is meeting the needs of our citizens, it’s important to establish a plan that can help guide us. In 2016 the City of Brampton will therefore be developing a Parks and Recreation Master Plan. The Plan will guide the delivery of parks, open space, recreation and sport facilities over the next 15 years.
This Plan will build upon Brampton’s rich legacy of parks and recreational facilities, infrastructure and program delivery, while recognizing Brampton’s diverse demographics. It will provide for an active and engaged community where attention to personal and public health is paramount.
This Plan will provide corporate, stakeholder and community direction by identifying goals and objectives and addressing all facets of parks and recreation including general programming, parks, and recreation and sport facilities.
Masterplan Project Status
Please click on the dates below to view the project status.
- The Master Plan will be complete
- Deliverable – Final Master Plan Document
- Final Council Meeting
- Public Meeting
- Presentation to Council
- Draft Implementation Plan
- Review of Operational Impacts
- Deliverable - Discussion Paper #4 – Financial Review and Analysis
- Financial Strategies
- Deliverable - Discussion Paper #3 – Facilities and Program Development
- Needs Assessments – parks, facilities, programs
- Deliverable - Discussion Paper #2 –Consultation Analysis
- Internal communications with staff involved in parks, recreation, sport facility design, development, programming and operation
- External Consultations through Citizen Panel, General Public, Stakeholders, Public Survey, Stakeholder Survey, PRMP portal
- Project Launch
- Deliverable - Discussion Paper #1 –Background
- Background Data Review
- Project Start- up
- Project consultant selected
- Terms of reference for consultant finalized and RFP undertaken
What’s the Status of the Plan?
The drafting of a final Parks and Recreation Master Plan document is now complete!
The Draft Master Plan document is now available for Public Review and Comment.
Staff is working towards seeking Council's 'endorsement' of the Master Plan at the Planning and Development Services Committee on June 19th, 2017 at 1 p.m.
Council endorsement of the Master Plan will enable staff to move forth into the implementation phases of the plan, which will include detailed project and program planning, commencement of additional areas of study and preparing capital and operating budget recommendations for the 2018 Budget, and beyond.
Two public open houses will also be held on May 29, 2017 at the Gore Meadows Community Centre and May 31, 2017 at the Cassie Campbell Community Centre. Click here for more details.
The Project team hosted a Stakeholders Workshop on April 25th at the Century Gardens Recreation Centre.
The Project team will host two Public Open Houses in late May. For more details, click here.
Should you have questions or comments about the Parks and Recreation Master Plan, please email us here.
Last updated May 1, 2017