A Master Plan is a long range plan that guides City decisions on various important issues such as:
- suitable locations for businesses, home and mixed-use development
- opportunities to expand or improve open space such as parks, recreational areas, and civic facilities
- strategies for economic development
- conservation of natural, historic and cultural resources
- strategies for transportation to solve congestion and improve transit services
It is important for citizens to get involved in the master plan processes because it affects them in how they do things everyday and what will happen in the future.