Pay and Display Parking Downtown
Pay and Display relies on a customer to buy a ticket from a machine. The customer then displays the ticket on the dashboard of the vehicle to indicate the amount of time the vehicle can park.
Advantages of Pay and Display
• Customers can choose the payment method – coins or credit card
• More parking spaces – spaces will vary according to vehicle size
• Improved visual impact to the streetscape – fewer parking meters
• Reduced cost – fewer pieces of equipment to monitor and maintain
• Solar powered – machines are powered by renewable energy
How to use the Pay & Display Machine
New Rates - Effective May 1, 2013
Main Street - From Wellington Street to Rosedale Avenue/Sproule Drive
Queen Street - From Elizabeth Street to Chapel Street/Theatre Lane
$2.00 per hour
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday to Saturday
Maximum Time Permitted: 90 minutes
Note: Parking at any other time is free for up to 3 hours.