Brampton’s parks and open spaces provide opportunities and facilities for residents to participate in physical and social activities, while enjoying nature. Portolets are one of the amenities added to a park to contribute to overall enjoyment of park patrons.
In recent years, the demand for portolets in parks has increased. As a result, the City of Brampton has adopted locational criteria to assist in assessing requests, managing demand and ensuring they are located properly.
- Park must be larger than 0.6 hectares (1.5 acres)
- Favourable results of a neighbourhood survey regarding the installation of a portolet in the park
Requests for a portolet in a park can be directed to the Parks Maintenance and Forestry Division by filling out the Contact Us form.
Note: Before requesting a portolet, please review the Past Portolet Request Locations list. The list shows park locations that have been, or are being reviewed. It also lists parks which have been already reviewed, and rejected, based on the Locational Criteria.
If a location is deemed suitable under the approved Locational Criteria, staff will use approved Implementation Protocols to incorporate the portolet into the park. The protocols require that the City:
- Conduct a survey of the surrounding neighbourhood to gauge public support
- Review results with area Councillors
- If 'yes', then seek funding through Capital Budget process and proceed to implement, after funding approval
- If 'no', advise requestor(s) and survey participants of decision
Please contact the Parks Maintenance and Forestry Division using the Contact Us form.