Recreational Cannabis Information
Below is a summary of the community engagement activities carried out:
Between December 20 and January 21, you had various opportunities to tell us what you think.
Survey: Staff were at various locations across Brampton. You had your say by filling out a survey form, which was available in English, French, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil and Gujarati.
December 20, 2018
- In-person survey, 2-4pm, at the Gore Meadows Library Branch 10150 The Gore Road.
- In-person survey, 2-4pm, at the Chinguacousy Library Branch 150 Central Park Drive.
January 8, 2019
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the Brampton Soccer Centre 1495 Sandalwood Parkway East.
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the Cassie Campbell Community Centre 1050 Sandalwood Parkway West.
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the Earnscliffe Recreation Centre 44 Eastbourne Drive.
January 9, 2019
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the Gore Meadows Community Centre & Library, 10150 The Gore Road.
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the Chinguacousy Wellness Centre 995 Peter Robertson Boulevard.
January 10, 2019
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the Century Gardens Recreation Centre 340 Vodden Street East.
- In-person survey, 6-8pm, at the South Fletcher's Sportsplex 500 Ray Lawson Boulevard.
- In-person survey, 1-4pm, at the Flower City Seniors Centre 8870 McLaughlin Road.
Town Hall: On January 10, between 7 and 9 pm, the City conducted a presentation and panel discussion at City Hall Conservatory. This event was also streamed live on Facebook.
Presentations from City of Brampton and Peel Public Health can be viewed here
Facebook live stream video can be view here
(Town Hall begins at 40:00 into the video).
January 14, 2019
: On January 14, between 7 and 8 pm, by random selection process, several households in Brampton received a call on their landline to join a telephone townhall with the Mayor. Participants asked questions or listened in on the call. Those who did not receive the call could still submit their input by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
until January 21, 2019. All feedback received was important in helping inform Council’s decision.
January 21, 2019
Special Council Meeting: On January 21 at 7 pm, there was a Special Council Meeting about retail cannabis stores in Brampton.