The City is currently reviewing its Fireworks By-law for potential changes to use of consumer fireworks. Until the review is complete, applications for consumer fireworks permit will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- To use fireworks on private property, you require a permit from the City. You are eligible to apply only if the property is at least 18 metres (60 feet) wide at the front.
- To use fireworks on Victoria Day, apply online during May 9 – 21, 2016.
- Fireworks are not permitted on school property, in parks and on any City land, including streets and sidewalks.
- You can participate in a public forum about fireworks and provide your comments:
- Saturday, April 23, 2016, Rose Theatre (Studio), 3 - 5 pm
- Thursday, April 28, 2016, Gore Meadows Community Centre, 7 - 9 pm
- For general inquiries, call 311.
- To report illegal use of fireworks in your neighbourhood, call 311 or Enforcement and By-law Services at 905.458.3424.