In line with the City of Brampton’s Fireworks By-law, personal fireworks are not permitted on properties that are less than 18 metres (60 feet) wide at the front.
Brampton residents with properties that are at least 18 metres (60 feet) wide at the front must have a permit to use fireworks on their property. 

free permit will be issued by the City for four occasions each year. Apply for a permit two weeks prior but no later than two days before these four approved firework dates:

  • Victoria Day (May 18, 2015)
  • Canada Day (July 1, 2015)
  • Diwali (November 10 and 11, 2015)
  • New Year’s Eve (December 31, 2015)

Call 311 if you require assistance with filling the permit form.
If you require a fireworks permit for any other day in the year, please contact Brampton Fire and Emergency Services.   



For general queries or if you have questions about the fireworks permit, call 311
To report illegal use of fireworks, call 311 or Enforcement and By-law Services at 905.458.3424
The City strictly prohibits fireworks on school property, in parks and on any City land, including streets and sidewalks.