On July 6, 2016, Council directed staff to revise the Fireworks By-law to allow the use of short-range fireworks on all Brampton residential properties on Victoria Day, Canada Day, Diwali and New Year’s Eve, without the need for a permit. Read more
Until the by-law is updated and approved by Council, please note:
- To use fireworks on private property, you require a permit from the City. You are eligible to apply only if the property is at least 18 metres (60 feet) wide at the front.
- Call 311 for application details.
- Fireworks are not permitted on school property, in parks and on any City land, including streets and sidewalks.
- For general inquiries, call 311.
- To report illegal use of fireworks in your neighbourhood, call 311 or Enforcement and By-law Services at 905.458.3424.