The City is currently reviewing its Fireworks By-law for potential changes to use of consumer fireworks. Until the review is complete, applications for consumer fireworks permit will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- To use fireworks on private property, you require a permit from the City. You are eligible to apply only if the property is at least 18 metres (60 feet) wide at the front.
- To use fireworks on Canada Day, apply online during June 17 - 29, 2016.
- Fireworks are not permitted on school property, in parks and on any City land, including streets and sidewalks.
- For general inquiries, call 311.
- To report illegal use of fireworks in your neighbourhood, call 311 or Enforcement and By-law Services at 905.458.3424.