Brampton Transit is a pay-as-you-board transit system. Entry is by cash, PRESTO, or valid transfer. Exact fare is required on buses.
In 2010, we launched our Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) service, Züm, along Queen Street. Since then, we've launched four more BRT routes and one extension, which include:
Züm Main, Züm Bovaird, Züm Steeles and Züm Queen West.
We have two facilities:
- The Clark Facility located at 185 Clark Boulevard
- The Sandalwood Facility located at 130 Sandalwood Parkway West
The Sandalwood Facility was built in 2008 to help address the rapid population growth in Brampton and the need for more transit services.
We have 68 routes, which include:
- 5 BRT lines (Züm Queen, Züm Main, Züm Steeles, Züm Bovaird, Züm Queen West)
- 1 GO shuttle route - 92 Bramalea GO Shuttle
- 3 express routes - 115 Airport Express, 185 Dixie Express, 199 UTM Express
- 17 school routes
Our busiest route is 501/501A Züm Queen.
We have 404 buses:
- 305 conventional buses
- 99 Züm bus rapid transit buses
Brampton Transit has more than 1,000 employees.
Our Accessible Buses
Of the 404 buses in our fleet, 99% are equipped with accessibility features, including:
- Lift or ramp, kneeling feature at front doors
- Two wheelchair/scooter areas
- Blue international wheelchair symbol displayed on front passenger side
We offer a variety of transit passes for our riders:
- Weekly & monthly passes are available on PRESTO cards
- Brampton Transit Senior Identification Card
- War Veteran Pass
Our Rider Guide
The Rider Guide is Brampton Transit’s official map for transit routes and information. It's free and available at the following locations: