Prior to Voting Day: Position training (in-class, online and material review): approximately 2-3 hours
Voting Day: Monday, October 22, 2018, 8 am to 10 pm
$224 Flat Rate (includes Voting Day & training time)
Reporting to the Location Supervisor, responsible for welcoming voters to the voting location and guiding voters to appropriate area for processing.
- Attend mandatory training session and review all training material prior to Voting Day
- Arrive at the voting place at 8 am on Voting Day
- Assist with set-up of the voting place
- Ensure voter has identification and/or a voter notice
- Ensure voter is in the correct voting place
- Direct voter to appropriate area (e.g. DRO table)
- Assist voter in determining if they are on the Voters’ List
- Assist with other duties as directed by Location Supervisor/Assistant Location Supervisor
- Assist with closing the voting place
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good command of the English language (both oral and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Second language an asset
Please be advised that the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with applicants. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include a current email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. interview dates, training, placement), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in an Election position.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for an election position, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.