As in past Municipal Elections, the City of Brampton is committed to providing electors and candidates with disabilities full and equal access to all election information and services.
The Municipal Elections Act, 1996 states that the City Clerk shall have regard to the needs of electors and candidates with disabilities. The Act requires municipalities to prepare an accessibility plan before Voting Day. Brampton's accessibility plan is available here, and includes the following highlights:
- accessible voting locations
- accessible voting technology at advance voting locations
- forms and materials available in alternate formats
- how to vote instructions available in 11 different languages
- Inclusive Customer Service Training for election workers