Ceremony will be live streamed
BRAMPTON, ON – The City of Brampton will hold its Council Inauguration on Monday, December 3, 2018 at the Rose Theatre, 1 Theatre Lane, at 8 pm. At this event, Members of the new Council will be formally sworn into office for the 2018-2022 term.
The Council Inauguration ceremony will be live streamed on the City website at www.brampton.ca
as well as on the large LED screen at Garden Square (outside the Rose Theatre). The live stream
will also be aired in the Conservatory, ground floor of City Hall, 2 Wellington Street West, where members of the public are welcome to attend. Underground parking is available at City Hall. Additional parking is available in the downtown. See the interactive map on the City website
• Dignitaries, including MPs, MPPs and representatives from Peel Regional Police, Peel Regional Paramedic Services and community groups, have been invited to attend the Inauguration.
• As there is limited seating at the venue, members of the public that would like to attend the ceremony are required to book their seat through the Rose Theatre’s Box Office
• Members of the media are not required to reserve a ticket; however, confirmation of attendance must be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org
in order to receive accreditation.
• Limited accessible seating is available, please call the Box Office at 905.874.2800 to coordinate.
• The official ceremony will run from 8 to 9 pm, followed by a reception for those present at the Rose Theatre.
• The Inauguration will include a Smudging Ceremony by a Anishinaabe Cultural Consultant; a ceremonial procession featuring a Lorne Scots Piper, and Brampton Fire, Enforcement, Peel Regional Police and Paramedic Services Honour Guards.
• This will be followed by the new Council taking the Declaration of Office, the Mayor’s inaugural address and end with the Confirming By-law approval by the new Council.
"The residents of Brampton elected a city government that, under my leadership will be more aggressive on economic development, more focused on building a healthy community, we will demand our fair share of funding from provincial and federal governments and work towards building a Brampton of our dreams. We have many challenges ahead of us, but I am certain together this newly elected City Council will get Brampton back on track.”
- Mayor-elect Patrick Brown.
Brampton is thinking bigger. We are a future ready organization with a sharp focus. We know our community’s growth, youth and diversity set us apart. We sit at the centre of Canada’s innovation super corridor, encouraging investment and growing our global success. We are building vibrant urban centres that ignite opportunity and instill pride in the people who live and work here. We are moving Brampton forward to be a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca.
Media Coordinator, City of Brampton