Recruitment for more than 2,000 election workers kicks off on June 9 at CeleBrampton
BRAMPTON, ON – Starting June 9, members of the public can apply to become a Municipal Election worker and assist with the administrative and customer service functions on Voting Day, October 22. More than 2,000 positions are available. Preference will be given to Brampton residents 18 years or older.
Recruitment begins at the CeleBrampton event in downtown Brampton. Drop by the Municipal Election kiosk, located outside City Hall, get your questions answered by staff and apply on the spot.
This is a great opportunity to gain new skills, get to know City staff and connect with your community. There are several positions available and the detailed job descriptions are available online at www.brampton.ca/bramptonvotes.
• Those interested can apply online at www.brampton.ca/bramptonvotes starting June 9
• Hard copy applications are available at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 2 Wellington Street West, starting June 11. The City Clerk’s Office is open weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Persons appointed will be required to commit to two to three hours of training, including in-class and material review, prior to October 22, and will work up to 14 hours on October 22
• Training and compensation will be provided
• Previous experience and computer skills are preferred
“With an eligible voter base of more than 350,000, the support of Election workers is crucial in the effective running of the Municipal Election. Applicants could be students looking for experience with municipal government, newcomers to Brampton keen to gain local experience, or residents wanting to give back to the community. Anyone with the spirit to serve is welcome to apply.”
- Peter Fay, City Clerk and Returning Officer
Brampton is thinking bigger.
We are a future ready organization with a sharp focus. We know our community’s growth, youth and diversity set us apart. We sit at the centre of Canada’s innovation super corridor, encouraging investment and growing our global success. We are building vibrant urban centres that ignite opportunity and instill pride in the people who live and work here. We are moving Brampton forward to be a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold. Follow us on Twitter
. Learn more at www.brampton.ca