Nominations now being accepted for 2017 Brampton Arts Walk of Fame
BRAMPTON, ON: Members of the public have the opportunity to nominate a Bramptonian – past or present – for recognition, celebration, and a permanent place in the Brampton Arts Walk of Fame.
The program is one that recognizes those who have achieved success in one of the following categories:
• Performing Arts; including Dance, Theatre and Music
• Visual Arts; including Painting, Sculpting, Photography, Glassblowing, Pottery and Architecture
• Media Arts; including Film and Television (e.g. short film, documentary, feature film, sitcom, other), and New Media (e.g. animation, interactive art)
• Literature; including Novels, Poetry, Short Stories and Journalism
• Creative Arts; including Conceptual Art, Culinary Arts and Fashion Design
Criteria for the award is defined as:
• Must have received a recognized national, international or industry award, professional designation, or prize of high distinction and excellence in one or more of the categories listed above. Additional applicable awards, designations and prizes may be considered on a case-by-case basis
• Born in Brampton, a resident of Brampton or a business owner in Brampton for a period of time.
• Have a minimum of five years of experience in the arts and entertainment industry, and have an established body of work
“There is immense talent in Brampton,” said Mayor Jeffrey. “So many individuals connected to Brampton have made incredible contributions to the Culture industries; locally, nationally and internationally. The Brampton Arts Walk of Fame allows us to acknowledge and celebrate their contributions that help enrich our city and beyond.”
Do you know a Bramptonian who has achieved excellence in the arts and entertainment industry? Consider nominating them for inclusion in the Brampton Arts Walk of Fame. Nominations for 2017 are being accepted until April 30, 2017.
For more information about the Brampton Arts Walk of Fame, and the nomination process, visit www.brampton.ca/awof.
The 2017 induction ceremony will be held September 30, 2017.
2016 inductees, whose stars can be found on the sidewalk bordering Garden Square on the east side of Main Street North include: Lee Aaron, Trey Anthony, Andy Donato, Othalie Graham, and Exco Levi.
About Brampton: The ninth-largest city in Canada, Brampton celebrates a diverse population that represents people from 209 distinct ethnic backgrounds who speak 89 different languages. Brampton residents and visitors have access to state-of-the-art recreation facilities and one of the fastest-growing transit systems in Canada. Opened in 2007, Brampton Civic Hospital is part of the William Osler Health System, which is one of the largest community hospitals in Canada. For more information, visit www.brampton.ca or follow @CityBrampton on Twitter.
City of Brampton
905.874.3654 | firstname.lastname@example.org