BRAMPTON, ON: Monday, February 20, at midnight, nominations for the Brampton Citizens Awards will close.
The Brampton Citizens Awards recognizes an individual or group who have made a meaningful contribution or had a significant achievement in one of the following categories: Arts Acclaim, Fire and Emergency Services Award of Valour, Inspirational Award, Long Term Service, and Sports Achievement.
A Selection Committee comprised of elected City Officials with representatives from Brampton Fire and Emergency Services, Brampton Sports Alliance, Brampton Seniors Council, Peel Regional Police and local media review all the nominations.
For information on the program or to find forms to nominate an individual or group, visit www.brampton.ca/citizensawards
Additional information about the award categories:
• The Arts Acclaim Award is intended to recognize individuals whose contribution has had a significant impact in terms of achieving local, provincial, national or international acclaim.
• The Fire and Emergency Services Award of Valour will recognize those Brampton citizens who have voluntarily performed a heroic act; or individuals from another municipality who have performed an act of heroism within the City of Brampton.
• The Inspirational Award recognizes those individuals or groups who advocate or practise humane action, or who have had an inspirational influence on others.
• The Long Term Service Award identifies dedicated volunteers whose efforts have made a significant impact towards the development and advancement of recreational sports, the arts, and community social services.
• The Sports Achievement Award identifies Brampton residents whose achievements have been recognized at the provincial, national or international level.
The ninth-largest city in Canada, Brampton celebrates a diverse population that represents people from 209 distinct ethnic backgrounds who speak 89 different languages. Brampton residents and visitors have access to state-of-the-art recreation facilities and one of the fastest-growing transit systems in Canada. Opened in 2007, Brampton Civic Hospital is part of the William Osler Health System, which is one of the largest community hospitals in Canada. For more information, visit www.brampton.ca
or follow @CityBrampton
on Twitter.MEDIA CONTACT
City of Brampton
905.874.3654 | firstname.lastname@example.org