Special Event Road Closure Application

How do I apply?

Event organizers who want to close a road to accommodate a recreational or community event in Brampton, such as a block party, must complete a Road Closure Application, including a signed petition sheet,  least six weeks prior to the event. 

The application may be emailed to roads@brampton.ca or returned in person or by mail to:

Public Works

Traffic Services

1975 Williams Parkway

Brampton, Ontario L6S 6E5

Once the road closure application has been approved, the City of Brampton will issue a Road Occupancy Permit. Staff will drop off and pick up signage and barricades that the event organizer will need to use to close the road.

Note: The TC-53A or 53B barricades will be used for short-term road closures to prevent vehicles from entering the designated area. The Road Closed Sign (RB 92) will be used where a roadway must be temporarily closed and traffic must use an alternate route.

For Road Races and Parades: see specific instructions below.

How much does it cost?

There is no application/permit fee required for a block party.

Who can apply?

Anyone can apply for a temporary road closure in Brampton to organize an event. However, it is encouraged that the application be submitted by someone who is aware of all the activities taking place during the event, such as the event organizer.

Note: The police may want to interview the event organizer to discuss issues such as organization, noise and alcohol use.

Where do I get the application?

Click here to download the application.

Or pick up an application from one of the following locations:

Williams Parkway Operations Centre

1975 Williams Parkway

Brampton, Ontario, L6S 6E5

City Hall: Main Floor Information Desk​

2 Wellington Street West

Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 4R2

Or contact 905.874.2500 to request to have the application mailed to you.

How long can a road be closed?

The maximum time allotted for a temporary road closure is 24 hours. However, an event MUST finish no later than midnight.

Note: If a temporary road closure is necessary for more than 24 hours, Council approval is required.

What are my responsibilities as an event organizer?