- Airport Rd to CN Rail
Last Updated: Tuesday, May 05 2020, 03:25
Project: Future Construction Project Under Design
Status: In Progress
This project consists of a detail design for widening Intermodal Drive from Airport Road to the CN Rail crossing. The design will include:
- Widening of Intermodal Drive from 2 to 4 lanes
- Intersection improvements at Airport Road and Devon Road
- Signalization and geometric improvement of Midair Court Intersection
- Exclusive right turn lanes for CN trucks including reconfiguration of CN terminal access east of Midair Court
- Full depth reconstruction of pavement including storm sewers
- Utility relocations (i.e. hydro line, etc.)
- Sidewalks on the north and south side
Project Status Update
- 90% design is in progress.
- Agency permitting required from Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) / Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) / The Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MECP).
- On-going coordination with adjacent developments (CN) and Region of Peel.
- Construction is scheduled for 2022, subject to budget approval and securing agency permits; anticipated completion by October 2023.