This project consists of a detail design for widening Chinguacousy Road from Wanless Drive to Mayfield Road. The design will include utility relocations along the corridor, widening from a two-lane rural cross section to a four-lane urban cross section, including a new multi-use path, sidewalk, street lighting, storm sewers, watercourse structures and street tree plantings.
The project will involve extensive coordination with adjacent development, utility relocation, agency approvals from Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF)/Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) and the Region of Peel for their future road widening contract on Mayfield Road.
Project Status Updates
- 90% design is in progress.
- Agency permitting required from CVC and MNRF.
- On-going coordination with adjacent development and Region of Peel.
- Construction is scheduled for late 2020, subject to budget approval and securing agency permits; anticipated completion by October 2021.
- Fulfillment of MECP Conditions - click here