Saturday, March 28, 2020
8:30 - 9:30 pm
Join the hundreds of millions of people, businesses and governments around the world that unite each year to support this massive environmental event. Turn off your lights for one hour and help shine a light on climate action.
The City of Brampton has participated in Earth Hour since 2008 by turning off all non-essential lights, and encourages residents and businesses be a part of this grassroots movement. Lighting affecting public safety, security and service - such as streetlights, traffic lights, park pathway lighting and parking lot lights at City facilities - will remain on.
Go beyond the hour and support Earth Hour year-round
- Make your home energy efficient
- Make healthy and sustainable food choices
- Reduce, reuse and recycle
- Consider walking, riding or using public transport instead of driving
- Spread the word about Earth Hour to your friends and family
- Discover more energy-saving tips from Alectra Utilities
Thank you for taking steps to conserve energy and reduce your carbon footprint.
About Earth Hour
Led by WWF, Earth Hour has grown from a symbolic event in one city to the world's largest grassroots movement for the environment. In 2018, Earth Hour engaged individuals, business and organizations in 188 countries and territories during the hour and beyond. This year, Earth Hour aims to harness the power of its millions of supporters worldwide to shine a light on climate action.