We are looking for candidates with:
- Prior front-line face to face customer service experience
- An exceptional ability to communicate effectively with a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule which can include various shifts (i.e. nights), split shifts, weekends, holidays and various day offs
- Personal accountability and high integrity towards work
- Effective evaluation and problem solving of work-related situations in spite of frustration
- Large commercial vehicle driving experience is considered an asset
Hours of Work
When assigned work for the week, you are guaranteed 40 hours for that week, but are expected to work variable hours, shift work and statutory holidays when required. You may not have 2 days off in a row every week and will be expected to work overtime when required.
The rate of pay for this position is $23.02 per hour during the five (5) week training program. Upon successful completion of the conditional offer requirements, including successful completion of the training program which includes random testing, you will be compensated at a rate of $27.02 per hour in the Temporary Transit Driver position. You will be paid overtime at time and one half after 44 hours per week.
How to Obtain Full Time Permanent Employment Status as a Transit Driver
Full time Transit Driver positions are posted internally to City of Brampton employees as positions become available. Temporary Transit Driver are considered for full time Transit Driver jobs prior to external applications. The Temporary Transit Driver must meet and demonstrate the necessary qualifications established by the Corporation.