The George Hitchcock Memorial Endowment Fund was created by Brampton Fire and Emergency Services to assist Brampton residents who are pursuing a career in the fire service. It also honours the late George Hitchcock who guided and encouraged many people in their pursuit of a career in the fire service. The endowment fund is a tribute to the valuable contribution made by George to our community.
Endowment Fund Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the fund, applicants must fulfil all of these criteria:
- Individual is a Brampton resident and a legal resident of Canada.
- Applicant is pursuing an Ontario Post-Secondary School diploma in a fire-related program and proof of acceptance is required
- All applicants must provide all documents required in the application form
- The applications must be submitted by the submission deadline
Note: City of Brampton employees and their families are not eligible to apply to the fund.
- The George Hitchcock Memorial Endowment Fund Committee will only accept the first 30 applications
- The selection committee will select a specific number of applicants for an interview based on their application form
- Submission period is January 20 – April 30, 2020
- The submission period will close either April 30, 2020 or, when 30 applications are submitted whichever comes first
- Submissions must be emailed to The George Hitchcock Memorial Endowment Fund Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications that are incomplete, illegible or not received during the submission period will not be considered
- Interviews will take place in May and June 2020
- The successful applicant will be notified by June 19, 2020
- Link to application form