Road Occupancy & Access

road constructionRoad occupancy is any work that will be done on the road, boulevard and right-of-way, which may or may not require a closure and/or restrictions. Public Works is responsible for issuing the required Road Occupancy & Access Permit for any work done on roads or boulevards on City of Brampton streets.

Examples of work that requires a Road Occupancy and Access Permit includes:

  • excavation of the boulevard for utility installation or maintenance
  • any work that involves crossing the boulevard, such as landscaping or installing pools
  • road widening projects
  • installation of storm sewers, sanitary sewers and watermains

During road occupancy, City staff perform regular inspections of the work to ensure:

  • efficient traffic flow on the road during the work
  • safety is maintained on the roads, boulevards and sidewalks
  • the right-of-way is kept clean; free of construction materials and equipment
  • applicants comply with City of Brampton standards
  • applicants restore the right-of-way to its original state within a reasonable time
  • all work is documented for future use

Click here to view a sample Road Occupancy & Access Permit application. This is only a sample as we require you to visit us for an application, to supply various supporting documentation, and to process your payment.

To apply for a Road Occupancy and Access Permit, visit Public Works & Engineering at:


Williams Parkway Operations Centre
1975 Williams Parkway
Brampton, Ontario, L6S 6E5

Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Closest Intersection: Torbram Rd &
Williams Pkwy
Directions from downtown Brampton: Travelling east on Queen Street, turn left onto Chrysler Drive. Turn right onto Williams Parkway. Turn right at the first entrance on the right. Follow entrance signs for Williams Parkway Operations Centre

​Procedures Vary

If you need a Road Occupancy Permit for one of the following, click for more information:

Contact 905.874.2500 for more information.