Road occupancy is any work that will be done on the road, boulevard and right-of-way, which may or may not require a closure and/or restrictions. Public Works is responsible for issuing the required Road Occupancy & Access Permit for any work done on roads or boulevards on City of Brampton streets.
Examples of work that requires a Road Occupancy and Access Permit includes:
- excavation of the boulevard for utility installation or maintenance
- any work that involves crossing the boulevard, such as landscaping or installing pools
- road widening projects
- installation of storm sewers, sanitary sewers and watermains
During road occupancy, City staff perform regular inspections of the work to ensure:
- efficient traffic flow on the road during the work
- safety is maintained on the roads, boulevards and sidewalks
- the right-of-way is kept clean; free of construction materials and equipment
- applicants comply with City of Brampton standards
- applicants restore the right-of-way to its original state within a reasonable time
- all work is documented for future use
Click here to view a sample Road Occupancy & Access Permit application. This is only a sample as we require you to visit us for an application, to supply various supporting documentation, and to process your payment.
To apply for a Road Occupancy and Access Permit, visit Public Works & Engineering at: