Please note under Ontario Regulation 82/20 as amended, being the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act orders the closure of all places of non-essential business and for greater certainty, that all construction cease and not proceed except those essential businesses listed in Schedule 2 of the regulation. It is the owner’s responsibility to comply with the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act until such times as the order is lifted.
Ontario Regulation 82/20 can be found at: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/200082
Road occupancy is any work that will be done on the road, boulevard and right-of-way, which may or may not require a closure and/or restrictions. Public Works is responsible for issuing the required Road Occupancy & Access Permit for any work done on roads or boulevards on City of Brampton streets.
Examples of work that requires a Road Occupancy and Access Permit:
- excavation of the boulevard for utility installation or maintenance
- any work that involves crossing the boulevard, such as landscaping or installing pools
- road widening projects
- installation of storm sewers, sanitary sewers and watermains
During road occupancy, City staff perform regular inspections of the work to ensure:
- efficient traffic flow on the road during the work
- safety is maintained on the roads, boulevards and sidewalks
- the right-of-way is kept clean; free of construction materials and equipment
- applicants comply with City of Brampton standards
- applicants restore the right-of-way to its original state within a reasonable time
- all work is documented for future use