Engineering Design is responsible for providing detail designs for road infrastructure projects, including new roads, widening or rebuilding existing roads, grade separations, widening bridges, improving intersections, installing new sidewalks and rehabilitating bridges.
Engineering Design provides the following services:
- Annually reviews the 10-year Capital Plan for major road construction projects.
- Prepares detail designs for capital road infrastructure projects and ensures all necessary permits and approvals are in place.
- Prepares tender documents for capital road infrastructure projects.
- Prepares mapping products, such as the City’s Street Index.
- Maintains road infrastructure plan archives.
- Maintains the City of Brampton’s Engineering Standard Drawings.