Second Units

For latest information about Second Units, including registration process and FAQs, click here.


The Enforcement and By-Law Services Division at the City of Brampton investigates zoning violations regarding second units (i.e. basement apartments).
If you suspect an illegal second unit, report your concerns to 905-458-3424 or e-mail You must provide detailed information to support your allegations before staff start to investigate your concerns.