Animal Services Operations and Information during COVID-19
Effective Saturday March 21, 2020 the shelter will be closed to the public and adoptions and reclaims will be by appointment only:
Lost and Found Pets
- We will not be taking in healthy stray cats until further notice.
- If someone is reporting a lost or found pet they will be asked to contact us at 905.458.5800, 311 or email Animal.Services@brampton.ca
- For those looking to claim their lost pet they will be asked to contact us and arrangements will be made for them to attend the shelter to pick up their pet.
We will continue to provide adoptions by appointment only:
- We ask prospective adopters to go to our website, and view a listing of all the animals awaiting their forever homes.
- At the bottom of that page they will find a “Contact Animal Services” click on that button and fill out their request, including animal number and name.
- We will proceed with a phone interview with additional questions to assess health and status and potential exposure to COVID-19.
- If a strong match is determined, the potential adopter and adoption agent will schedule a time to set up a time for the adopter to pick up and pay for their pet. Due to the concerns around COVID-19 we will not be permitting interaction with prospective adoptive owners and pets.
Animal Control will be on the road Monday to Friday from 7 am to 10 pm and Saturday and Sunday and holidays from 8 am to 6:30 pm, and will be responding to the following calls only:
- Pick up of sick/injured/aggressive domestic animals and wildlife
- Aggressive animal
- Dog running at large
- Dog bite investigation
- Pick up of confined stray dog
- Pick up of dead animal
- Outside of these hours we will be responding to emergencies only
About COVID-19 and Pets
Helping pet owners protect their pets
Brampton Animal Services (BAS) answers some common questions and provides resources regarding COVID-19 and pets.
Pets can contribute to our overall happiness and well-being, especially in times of stress. If you are feeling well (no symptoms of COVID-19) and are not self-isolating because of COVID-19 illness, you can continue to take walks with your dog or spend time with your pet. This can help keep both you and your pet healthy.