Since 1974, the City of Brampton has been proud to offer a community recognition program for outstanding citizens in the community and is committed to acknowledging the admirable achievements in sports, arts, inspirational acts, acts of valour and long-term volunteer service withinour city.
The Citizens Awards Selection Committee is comprised of community members with subject matter expertise in award categories, along with elected City Officials, Brampton Fireand Emergency Services, Volunteer MBC, Brampton Sports Alliance, Brampton Seniors Council and Peel Regional Police.
The 2019/2020 Citizens Awards included nominations for the following categories:
- Sports Achievement- Individual/Team
- Arts Acclaim
- Inspirational Award
- Long Term Service (10-year, 25-year, 35-year, 50-year)
- Emergency Services Award of Valour
- Citizen of the Year (Senior, Adult, Youth)
- Ken Giles Amateur Athlete of the Year Award presented in partnership with the Brampton Guardian
2019/2020 Citizens Awards Recipients