The City Hall Campus includes the existing City Hall building with the new addition on its north side, connected to the new West Tower by Heritage Way, a pedestrian bridge over George Street South. The Campus also features Daily Times Square, a courtyard outside the Conservatory, landscaped with gardens and seating areas.
The building is designed to:
• extend our landmark civic facility in the downtown
• integrate the southwest quadrant on both sides of George Street
• offer place-making architectural elements including the Conservatory, a new north grand lobby entrance to City Hall
• encourage a vibrant, animated, pedestrian-friendly streetscape with mixed-use, private retail on the ground floor
About the West Tower
This new 9-storey building features six floors of administrative space, two floors of staff and community meeting rooms and one floor of retail space. There are five levels of underground parking.
The first three floors of the West Tower will be open to the public, who will have access to the retailers, community meeting rooms, and the bridge to the City Hall building. The first level of the underground garage will be reserved for visitor parking.
The West Tower and the addition to City Hall have been built to achieve LEED Gold certification. Environmentally-friendly design features include:
• Several green roofs on the West Tower add beauty and function, enabling the City to capture and reuse rain water to irrigate the landscaped areas and as grey water for flushing toilets
• The new parking garage includes bicycle storage facilities, priority carpool parking, and electric car charging stations to encourage a “greener” commute
• The building’s exterior features 40-50 per cent glass, to increase natural light, and reduce lighting and heating costs
Community Meeting Rooms
There are 22 new meeting rooms in the City Hall Campus, on the second floor of the addition to City Hall and the second and third floors of the West Tower. These rooms may be booked by the public from 4:30 to 9 pm on weekdays; 9 am to 9 pm on Saturdays; and 11 am to 6 pm on Sundays. Room rental rates range from $7.74 to $250.83 (plus HST) for Brampton residents, businesses and not-for-profit groups, depending on the number of attendees. Non-resident rates are higher. For more information, or to book a room, contact Facility Services at 905.874.2133.