This is your city. Have your say in the Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
BRAMPTON, ON - Brampton residents are invited to provide feedback on the draft Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PRMP) that, once finalized, will guide Council and staff on decisions about where, when, and how to invest in parks and recreation facilities over the next 15 years.
Until May 31, the draft Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PRMP) is available for public comment. As the City continues building a future ready Brampton, the draft plan assesses Brampton’s changing population’s needs; evaluates existing parks, sports and recreation infrastructure; and provides a financial plan to guide future decision-making. Final approval of the PRMP is expected June 19.
Over the past year, the PRMP process involved extensive research, consultation and assessment efforts. Through open houses, workshops, focus groups, interviews and surveys, more than 1,200 residents provided input into the development of the draft plan.
The draft PRMP contains 114 recommendations about the delivery of parks and recreation facilities and services, including:
• Construction of a multi-use community centre on the parcel of land referred to as the Mississauga/Embleton Community Park in Brampton’s south-west.
• Construction of a seniors’ centre in east Brampton.
• Making best use of the City’s older and smaller community centres.
• Adding over 240 hectares of new parkland to the City’s inventory, guided by a Parkland Acquisition Strategy.
• Developing a prioritized list of parks to be redeveloped over the next fifteen years through a Parkland Renewal Plan.
• Constructing a minimum of nine new rectangular grass fields, one new artificial turf field (designed in a manner that could be bubbled in the future), and three new cricket pitches.
This is an opportunity for residents and stakeholders to provide feedback on the draft plan. Please visit www.brampton.ca/PRMP.
Brampton is thinking bigger.
We are a future ready organization with a sharp focus. We know our community’s growth, youth and diversity set us apart. We sit at the centre of Canada’s innovation super corridor, encouraging investment and growing our global success. We are building vibrant urban centres that ignite opportunity and instill pride in the people who live and work here. We are moving Brampton forward to be a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold. Follow us on Twitter
. Learn more at www.brampton.ca
. MEDIA CONTACT
City of Brampton
905.874.3654 | firstname.lastname@example.org