– Festival taking place at Garden Square –
– Former NHLers Darryl Sittler, Rick Vaive and Wendel Clark to join the weekend festivities –
TORONTO (February 22, 2018) Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is heading to Brampton, ON, for a celebration of hockey on March 10 and 11. The weekend will feature broadcast hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, meet-and-greet opportunities with NHL alumni Darryl Sittler, Rick Vaive and Wendel Clark, live local entertainment and engaging activities for the whole family. In addition, the Hockey Night In Canada: Punjabi Edition broadcast team will be on-site on Sunday as part of the weekend festivities.
The two-day hockey festival begins on Saturday, March 10 at noon ET at the Garden Square, in Brampton, and will conclude Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast kicks off with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by MacLean and Slone from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW, followed by a showdown between the New York Islanders and the Calgary Flames.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Festival Details:
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni Darryl Sittler and Rick Vaive to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans are treated to free hot chocolate on site.
- GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you can come to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
- Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni, such as Wendel Clark. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a co-branded Dodge and Rogers Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Features a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire-changing skills on a replica Zamboni.
- Live Local Entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend beginning with Ashlynne Vince performing on Saturday followed by AHI and the Skydiggers on Sunday.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Event and Broadcast Details
Location: Garden Square, 12 Main St N, Brampton, ON, L6V 1N6
- Saturday, March 10 – Festival open from noon to 6 p.m. ET
- Sunday, March 11 – Festival opens at noon ET and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
- Special Guests: Special live musical performance by Canadian Music Legends, The Skydiggers
- Game Matchup: New York Islanders vs. Calgary Flames, 6:30 p.m. ET (Sportsnet, Sportsnet NOW, Rogers NHL LIVE)
- Sean Monahan: Sean reflects on his time growing up in Brampton.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Contest
All season long, fans can tune in to the Sunday night broadcast on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW for a chance to win weekly prizes through the Rogers Hometown Hockey Contest. Join the conversation by using each week’s unique hashtag to tweet @Rogers to automatically be entered for a chance to win a number of prizes, including a trip to the 2018 Stanley Cup® Playoffs. The contest runs during every Sunday broadcast through to the final Rogers Hometown Hockey of the season on Sunday, April 1 from Montreal.
Social Media Links
About the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour rolls into 24 communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages. The weekend culminates in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. For more information on the tour, please visit www.hometownhockey.com.
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand, uniting Canadians through sport with the content they love, accessible from anywhere. Delivering world-class storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level, the multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet 650, Sportsnet NOW, and the Sportsnet app. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, and Sportsnet World. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multimedia rights holder, and is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650). Sportsnet also has exclusive TV & radio coverage of all 162 Blue Jays games, as well as other MLB games, Toronto Raptors, NBA, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, and extensive soccer programming including Premier League, Bundesliga, FA Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers.
Rogers is a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company that’s working to deliver a great experience to our customers every day. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet, information technology, and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, sports, televised and online shopping, magazines, and digital media. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).