The City of Brampton has a current infrastructure gap of approximately $246 million in 2018. At existing funding levels this gap will continue to grow to a projected gap of $743 million by 2027. The City must continue to make investments in our infrastructure while accelerating the CAM Roadmap to ensure optimized evidence based decision making.
The City will apply the findings in the Asset Management Program towards future budgets to prioritize investments, targeting service areas with asset bases that contribute significantly to the infrastructure gap or service levels.
In developing a long-term funding strategy that identifies options for addressing the infrastructure gap, the following funding tools are considered:
- Continued investment of minimum 2 per cent infrastructure levy
- Federal /Provincial funding
- Stormwater rate supported funding
- User fees supported funding
- Development supported funding
- Debt Financing
- Alternative Service Delivery