The Office of Community Engagement (OCE) works to enable conversations between Council, City staff, and diverse groups of Bramptonians.
We coordinate community engagement for some major City projects (like the annual Budget), and advise or consult on many others. You might see us at one of the City’s festivals or farmers’ markets, asking you to tell us about the City services that are most important to you. Or you might hear from us at Budget time when we host Telephone Town Hall meetings that let you talk directly with your Councillors and the Mayor.
What do we do?
- Create accessible ways for the community to get involved in city-building and decision-making
- Allow open, productive dialogue between Council, City staff, and Brampton’s diverse community
- Ensure community members’ input has a meaningful impact on City projects
- Raise public awareness of the role of municipal government
- Strengthen connections among community groups
Through this work, our job is to ensure you have a chance to shape the City's future.