Toronto Gore Density Policy Review
The Toronto Gore Estate area is located east of Goreway Drive, north of Castlemore Road, west of The Gore Road and south of Countryside Drive (click here).
The Estate housing of this community represents an example of a historical development pattern, which offers a rural lifestyle within an urban setting. With the focus of development in Brampton changing to higher density forms of housing to support future growth and economic development, it is an appropriate time to review the remaining undeveloped areas of the Toronto Gore Estate area.
The purpose of the Toronto Gore Density Policy Review is to assess the Toronto Gore community in two distinct geographic areas as follows:
1. Established Toronto Gore Estate Residential Community
- To identify character defining elements of Toronto Gore
- Policy options to protect this character
2. Undeveloped Lands in the Southeastern Quadrant of Toronto Gore
- To examine the potential for urban densities on full municipal services
- Consider transportation, infrastructure and parkland needs
- Recommend a strategy and policy framework to be added to Brampton’s Official Plan and consider developing a Secondary Plan for The Toronto Gore (Area 26), if warranted.