- When was filming activity allowed to resume in Ontario?
Ontario gradually reopened the Film & Television production sector in Stage 2, but on a regional basis. Allowing film and television activities to resume signals great confidence in the ability of the motion picture industry to produce informed and thoughtful protocols for reopening.
- When did Peel Region and Brampton enter Stage 2?
Brampton is a municipality of Peel Region, which entered Stage 2 of Ontario’s framework for reopening in the Province on June 24, 2020. Please visit the Ontario Creates: Ready to Roll website for more information on other Regions.
- What type of health protocols apply when filming on-location in Ontario?
- What type of health protocols apply when filming on-location in Brampton?
The Brampton Film & Television Office COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines & Updated Processes applies to all location filming activity which takes place in the City of Brampton and supplements or supersedes the Ontario COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines, where applicable.
The City of Brampton’s Code of Conduct for Cast and Crew has also been updated and must be included on all filming notifications to residents, business and property owners.
Standard Brampton Film & TV Office filming guidelines and planning resources can be found here.
- Does my production company need to have a COVID-19 Health & Safety plan in place to film in Brampton?
All companies operating in Ontario are required to have a COVID-19 plan in place for their production and must appoint a joint health and safety committee and/or a health and safety representative.
When applying for a Brampton Location Filming Permit you will not be required to submit a plan.
- Are there any limitations for filming activity on public property in Brampton?
Rental booking services has resumed for some City of Brampton filming locations, however, some popular filming locations such as Brampton City Hall, the Williams Parkway Operations Centre, Community Centres and other City buildings and property are still not open for filming. Please visit the Recovery to see what is currently open and closed across the City.
Inquiries to perform filming activities in public spaces will be taken on a case-by-case basis until further notice.
- What filming locations are available in Brampton?
Please visit the Filming in Brampton page or contact the Brampton Film & TV Office directly for recommendations regarding Brampton filming locations. Even more Brampton locations can be found through the Ontario Film Commission’s Locations Library
- Does Brampton have any studio locations?
Private companies offer many different sound stages operating out of many different spaces in Brampton and the Province. Please contact BFTO or visit the Ontario Creates: Ready to Roll website for a detailed listing of new studio space across the province.
- What are the permitted hours of filming in Brampton?
Hours in which filming activities are permitted in Brampton have not changed. Productions can perform filming activities from 7:00AM – 11:00PM any day of the week. Productions may also petition neighbourhoods to film outside of these hours (see more information on the new petition process here
- What type of health & safety protocols apply for location scouts and site visits?
Whenever possible, all physical site visits and tours should be substituted with the use of virtual meetings, photos or video.
Production representatives requesting to visit a City of Brampton site, before filming activity has been agreed upon, should be prepared to arrange visits during off-peak hours, provide their own masks and PPE, ensure physical distancing is maintained throughout the duration of the visit and must answer NO to the following questions:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, difficulty breathing?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with personnel who have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close contact with personnel with confirmed or probable case of COVID-19?
- Are you in regular close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness or of high-risk to respiratory illnesses?
- Before filming in Brampton, what needs to be provided?
In general, a Brampton Location Filming Application Form and any applicable document on the main Filming in Brampton site must be filled out and submitted electronically to email@example.com
Contact the film office before applying with any questions regarding filming requirements, limitations, availability of locations, etc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.874.3361.
- What are the permitted hours of filming in Brampton?
Hours in which filming activities are permitted in Brampton have not changed. Productions can film from 7:00AM – 11:00PM every day of the week. Productions may also petition neighbourhoods to film outside of these hours (see more information on the new petition process here)
- What is the process to film in Brampton neighbourhoods?
- What is the procedure for anyone on-set for suspected or a confirmed case and/or exposure to COVID-19?
- Where can production companies source personal protective equipment (PPE) and services?
Please visit the Ontario Creates: Ready to Roll website for a comprehensive list of suppliers for Personal Protective Equipment and sanitation services from across the Province.
- Where can I find more information on travel within Ontario, Canada and international travel for the purpose of working?
The Province of Ontario does not have travel restrictions on working from Region to Region within the province. Please visit the Ontario Creates: Ready to Roll website for up-to-date travel and border information.
- Where can I find more information on Film & Television industry government supports and mitigation efforts?
- Where can I find more information on support for my production company?
Support information and resources for your business during the COVID-19 pandemic can be found on the new Economic Development Invest Brampton website.