The Brampton Economic Development Office and the Brampton ICI Alliance hosted 45 investors and industrial, commercial, and investment (ICI) realtors from the Greater Toronto Area on a two hour bus tour of the City of Brampton. The bus tour was an opportunity to showcase 41 of the City’s exciting attributes including land and development opportunities, City incentives, the Central Area (Queen Street between McLaughlin and Bramalea Roads), the area around the new Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, office and industrial availabilities and quality of life amenities.
Most notable were:
- Canon’s new $66 million Canadian Head Office at Mississauga and Steeles
- 8875 Torbram, Canada’s largest distribution center, targeting LEED certification, with 439,000 sq. ft. of available space
- 307 Orenda Road (recently purchased, to become a 430,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art speculative high bay industrial building by Q3, 2017)
- 241 Queen Street E. (Altus Health care is building a 7-storey semi-private hospital)
- Peel Integrated Centre for Health and Wellness, slated to have related medical development opportunities in the area
- 184 Queen St. E. (recently permitted for a 20 storey mixed commercial and residential building)
- 145-147 Queen St. E. (Inzola to build a 20-storey, 183 residential unit building with 11,000 sq. ft. of commercial space)
Tour feedback included comments like: "It was a great experience and look forward to next year", and "Great job on the bus tour, learned a lot and had a good time."
The Brampton ICI Alliance, newly formed in 2016, is a group of ICI developers, property managers, investors and brokers that have joined to promote Brampton’s economic development and business advantages and to encourage and support economic growth. The ICI Alliance, approved by the Economic Development Committee on April 6th, includes the City of Brampton, in collaboration with Colliers International, Cushman & Wakefield, Dancor, Kallo Developments, Kerbel Group Inc., Monterey Park, Morguard, and Rice Development Corporation. This group meets quarterly to positively influence Brampton’s unprecedented growth and to market Brampton’s many ICI opportunities to real estate professionals across the GTA.
The tour concluded at 7685 Hurontario Street .This premium A-grade, LEED Certified office space has 40,000 square feet available for lease, and is located near the A. Grenville and William Davis Court House.
During lunch and networking, Brampton’s new CAO, Harry Schlange, addressed the group, welcoming them to the City and offering Brampton’s support to the development community. Councillors Jeff Bowman and Doug Whillans, the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Economic Development Committee, along with Sohail Saeed, Director of Economic Development were also in attendance to address the group.
The tour informed and engaged the brokers and realtors that attended and provided them with greater insight into the City’s opportunities. Having covered only a portion of the City provides an opportunity for future tours to capture different aspects of the City’s opportunities. Brampton continues to grow and expand and will have even more exciting investment opportunities in the future .