Calling all sports fans: Mark your calendars!
Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is coming to Garden Square, Downtown Brampton!
On Saturday, March 10 and Sunday, March 11, you are invited to Garden Square, downtown Brampton, for a weekend of family-friendly, free programming and hockey festivities.
Join Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on March 11 at 6 pm for the live pregame broadcast, and don’t miss the outdoor viewing party at 7 pm when the Calgary Flames, including hometown player Sean Monahan, face-off against the New York Islanders.
For more information on Hometown Hockey, please visit their site here
Fun for Everyone
This free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans are treated to free hot chocolate on site.
- GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you can come to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
- Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a Dodge Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Features a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire-hanging skills on a replica Zamboni.
Rogers Hometown Hockey Contest
All season long, fans can tune in to the Sunday night broadcast on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW for a chance to win weekly prizes through the Rogers Hometown Hockey Contest.
Join the conversation by using each week’s unique hashtag to automatically be entered for a chance to win a number of prizes, including a trip to the 2018 Stanley Cup® Playoffs. The contest runs during every Sunday broadcast through to the final Rogers Hometown Hockey of the season on Sunday, April 1 from Montreal.
Paint the Town Red
The City of Brampton is encouraging residents to decorate their homes and businesses with streamers, posters, Canada flags, hockey jerseys, signs, red lights and anything else they can come up with to welcome the Hometown Hockey tour.