The City of Brampton invites residents to recognize, honour and celebrate Emancipation Day, recognized globally on August 1 as the day to commemorate the abolition of slavery of people of African descent across the British Empire, including Canada.
To learn more and view additional resources, visit the City of Brampton's Equity Office.
JAMBANA Celebrating Emancipation Day
Join us on August 7 at JAMBANA Celebrating Emancipation Day as we celebrate the strength and perseverance of Black communities.
- Take part in a community flag raising with Dr. Julius Garvey, starting at 12 pm in Ken Whillans Square.
From 1 to 9 pm in Gage Park, experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Caribbean with food vendors, live performances, and more at JAMBANA One World Festival 2023 .
Brampton City Hall Parking Garage and the garage elevator is currently closed for essential repairs until late summer. There are four other garages where you can park for free:
- West Tower Garage (41 George Street)
- John Street Garage (16 John Street)
- Market Square Garage (Theatre Lane & Union Street)
- Nelson Street Garage (20 George Street North)