THIS IS BRAMPTON provides an open platform for local talent and creative entrepreneurs, as well as an opportunity for multi-disciplinary artistic and audience development. The Rose collaborates with local Brampton arts companies, artists, promoters, and producers who have demonstrated success and interest in presenting and promoting high-quality artists, as well as developing a local audience with a particular genre interest and a demonstrated commitment to improving the arts in Brampton.
The goals of THIS IS BRAMPTON are to:
· Feature Brampton’s most dynamic artists, musicians, change-makers, and trendsetters.
· Recognize local creators and creative entrepreneurs as valuable partners in building a culturally vibrant and creative community, and provide a platform for local talent development.
· Ensure that Brampton's mosaic of cultures, audiences and art forms contributes to a vibrant community.
· Reach a local audience, and increase participation and attendance in arts and culture.
Events are selected for THIS IS BRAMPTON on a case-by-case basis. Prior participation does not ensure repeat or future selection. In order for an event to be considered for THIS IS BRAMPTON, applicants must:
· Demonstrate a strong connection to the City of Brampton that celebrates our artists, producers, curators and promoters
· Demonstrate a commitment to audience development and high quality artistic expression
· Have a proven track-record of growing or maintaining an engaged audience in one of the following disciplines:
o Spoken-word/ poetry
· Artists/bands must consider public safety, and all performances must be able to be safely performed in an indoor venue.
For full details on this opportunity and how to submit, please see the application below: