The Arts, Culture & Creative Industry Development Agency is a unique organization incubating under the City of Brampton focused on growing, celebrating, advocating for and connecting the sector through the provision of a range of programs, services and resources. We are a key partner in delivering the City’s ambitious vision for arts, culture and creative industries as articulated in the City’s strategic vision and Culture Master Plan.
Vision: A thriving, confident, and valued creative scene and cultural ecology is the heart of our prosperous mosaic city.
Mission: To incubate, advance, connect and advocate for Brampton’s arts, culture and creative industries.
Values: Passion and Ambition, Diversity and Inclusiveness, Service, Community and Collaboration, Excellence and Innovation, Optimism.
We are focused on providing programs and services in collaboration with inter and cross-sectoral partners in the areas of:
- Funding, finance and investment.
- Leadership, advocacy and innovation.
- Sector development and growth.
2021 highlights include:
- Nearly 500 artists participated in online events, programs, information sessions and workshops in 2021 with 96% of attendees gaining new insight and perspective from the events
- $100k was awarded to 75 local artists, musicians and performers through the COVID-19 Recovery Fund for Artists
- Enhanced public art in the community through a range of mediums including murals in downtown Brampton, 38 artist and artisan booths and three major chalk-art installations at the Brampton Farmers’ Market, multiple digital exhibits in Garden square, a 3D virtual art gallery and much more
- Engaged with nearly 200 artists and arts organizations through the Big Artist Space Survey to assess and begin to address the status of creative space across the city
- Have ensured events and resources are free and accessible for all to attend and provided employment opportunities for local artists and arts workers
Read our full 2021 End of Year Report here.