The Brampton Mayor’s Youth Team is a dynamic and dedicated group of youth volunteers represented by all 21 secondary schools in the City of Brampton that strive to provide opportunities for leadership, recognition, and action encouraging Brampton’s youth to become responsible and active citizens. The Mayor’s Youth Team’s objective is to represent the voice of its fellow peers, promoting involvement in the city by developing, implementing, and participating in social, environmental, educational, cultural, and recreational activities.
The Brampton Mayor’s Youth Team provides the opportunity to network with like-minded youth from various secondary schools, community agencies, as well as other municipalities with the goal of keeping the City of Brampton a Youth Friendly Community!
The Mayor’s Youth Team operates all year round working on numerous initiatives and events with the purpose of getting their fellow youth involved! These projects include but are not limited to the following:
- Alliance Against Violence Campaign
- Employment & Volunteer Fairs
- Amazing Race High School Challenge
- National Youth Week Festivities
- Youth Recognition Awards
- Environmental Park Clean Ups
- Intergenerational Conference
- Youth Making a Difference Workshop
The Mayor's Youth Team currently meets on the 2nd and 4th week of every month to discuss and work on current and upcoming initiatives. These meetings take place at the following days and locations:
- Mondays @ City Hall from 6:30pm to 8:30pm (4th Floor Council Committee Room)
- Wednesdays @ Chinguacousy Wellness Centre from 7:00pm to 8:30pm (Community Room)
Who can join the Mayor's Youth Team?
Students who are 13 years of age to 24 years of age who currently reside in the City of Brampton
Individuals who feel they have specific skills that can contribute to our goals
Those who are passionate about making a difference in their community
- Print and complete a membership application found here.
- Please provide a brief 300 word paper answering the following questions:
a) Why do you want to join the Mayor's Youth Team?
b) What can you do to contribute to our goals?
c) Why is community service important to you?
- Fax your application and paper to 905-874-2390 or email to email@example.com