Loading Your Bicycle
Before the bus arrives, remove any loose items that are not permanently attached to your bicycle (e.g., water bottles or travel bags). Once the bus comes to a complete stop, signal to the Bus Operator that you're going to be using the bike rack. Wait for the Bus Operator to signal back before you start loading your bicycle.
Always load and unload your bicycle from the curb side or front of the bus. Do not use locks or chains to attach your bicycle to the rack.
- Pull the marked handle up to release and lower the rack.
- Load your bicycle, placing the front and rear wheels in the appropriate wheel slots. (A label will indicate where to place the front wheel.)
- After the bicycle is in position, pull the support arm out and place it over the front tire.
Unloading Your Bicycle
Once you arrive at your destination, inform the Bus Operator that you'll be unloading your bicycle.
- Approach the bike rack from the curb side. Raise the support arm off of the front tire and move it down to its loading position.
- Lift your bicycle from the rack towards the curb. If the rack is empty, fold up the rack until it locks into place.
- Carry your bicycle off the roadway to the sidewalk. Never cross in front of the bus. Signal to the Bus Operator that you're clear of the bus, and wait until it's safe to move.