It's important to remember the rules of the road and act safely at all times while riding your bicycle.
- Always wear a helmet. It's strongly recommended that all cyclists wear a CSA-, ANSI- or SNELL-approved bicycle helmet. It's the law for those 18 years of age and younger to wear a helmet.
- Follow the rules of the road and obey all traffic signs.
- Pass vehicles on the left only. Bus Operators may not shoulder check before making a right turn – they don't expect anyone to be there.
- Stay out of blind spots at the sides and rear of a vehicle.
- Be visible at night – wear bright-coloured clothing and use headlights, taillights or reflectors to make sure Bus Operators can see you.
- Use proper hand signals: