As you pay your fare, request a transfer from the operator and you will be entitled to unlimited travel for the duration of the transfer. Transfers expire two hours from the time of issue.
Show the transfer to the bus operator each time you board a bus to verify that it is valid. Expired transfers will not be accepted or reissued. Passengers are required to pay the regular fare once their transfer is expired. In the event of a fare dispute, passengers are asked to pay the correct fare and contact Customer Service at 905.874.2999. Keep the disputed transfer and record the four-digit bus number, date, and time of the occurrence.
Important: Transfers are only valid for use by the customer to whom the transfer was issued.
When using PRESTO, the transfer is automatically stored on your card, allowing you to travel for two hours from the time of issue. If you are connecting to or from GO Transit, the co-fare is automatically calculated on a PRESTO card.
Transfer Policy (Effective January 1, 2014)
- Brampton Transit will accept transfers from the following transit service providers at any location, only if there is time remaining on the transfer:
• Oakville Transit
• Burlington Transit
• Hamilton Street Railway
• Durham Region Transit
• TTC – Zone 3 punched transfer ONLY
- Brampton Transit will not reissue transfers
- Brampton Transit will not accept period passes (weekly or monthly) from other transit service providers, except from YRT/VIVA, in York Region on Queen Street/Highway 7 (east of The Gore Road)
- Brampton Transit transfers are valid for two hours from the time of issue
- Paper transfers will not be issued to PRESTO card holders
- There are no changes to the GO Transit co-fare policy. Passengers travelling between Brampton Transit and a GO Transit Train station are still eligible to pay the $0.70 co-fare. See below for details.
Brampton Transit connects to the following transit agencies:
GO TransitVisit the GO Transit website
Brampton Transit riders travelling to and from a GO Train station pay only $0.75 when you show a valid Proof of Payment (POP) ticket or a PRESTO card. PRESTO card holders are also eligible to transfer from Brampton Transit to GO
Transit bus service. Some conditions apply:
- GO day passes will only be accepted when they are from the current date.
- GO single-ride tickets will only be accepted when travelling from a GO Train Station. Tickets must have the current date and time cancellation from the connecting GO Train or Bus trip.
- The co-fare will automatically be calculated on a PRESTO card.
Eligible GO Train stations and services:
- Mount Pleasant GO Station (ZONE 34)
- Downtown Brampton GO Station (ZONE 33)
- Bramalea GO Station – Steeles & Bramalea (ZONE 32)
- Malton GO Station (ZONE 31)
- GO York University Hwy 407 bus service - only at Bramalea GO Station
When you board a Brampton Transit bus and present the Bus Operator with a valid GO ticket or pass, you'll be eligible to receive a transfer.
GO Transit Group Passes and GO Transit Photo ID Employee Passes will not be accepted.
For more information, please refer to the transfer policy details above.
York Region Transit/VIVA
Visit the York Region Transit website
501/501A Züm Queen & Viva Orange
- YRT tickets, passes and transfers are accepted on 501/501A Züm Queen for customers boarding between The Gore Road and York University
- Valid Brampton Transit transfers are accepted as proof of payment on Viva Orange
- Customers boarding 501/501A Züm Queen must present their transfers to the operator at the time of boarding
- Customers boarding Viva Orange must present their transfers to the operator at the time of boarding and transfers should be kept as proof of payment
- Current YRT/Viva cash fare is applicable when boarding Brampton Transit in York Region, east of Highway 50
- Current Brampton Transit cash fare is applicable when boarding in the city of Brampton, west of Highway 50
Brampton Transit customers connecting to other YRT and Viva Services
- A Brampton Transit transfer should be kept as proof of payment when boarding a Viva bus.
Effective January 1, 2013
If you travel from Brampton to York Region using PRESTO, and you need to transfer onto a TTC bus (contracted by YRT) or YRT’s Dial-a-Ride to complete your trip, you must:
Request a special transfer upon boarding the Route 501 Züm Queen service.
Note: The special transfer will only be issued on the Route 501 Züm Queen service and will not be accepted at anytime by Brampton Transit or any other YRT buses.
Show this transfer to the TTC bus operator or YRT’s Dial-a-Ride operator upon boarding.
to view the special transfer.
For information on YRT services, including Dial-a-Ride, visit www.yrt.ca
YRT customers transferring to other Brampton Transit Services
- All valid YRT fare media including tickets, passes and transfers are accepted as fare ONLY at connection points from The Gore Road to Interchange Way, and at York University.
- Customers wishing to travel within Brampton must present their valid YRT transfer or validated Viva ticket to the operator upon boarding.
For more information, please refer to the transfer poilicy details above.
Effective April 1, 2013
If you are transferring from a Brampton Transit bus to the TTC Route 58 – Malton bus at Westwood Mall, you must request a special transfer.