- The City of Brampton reserves the right to cancel or alter any program information outlined in this brochure without notice, if required, due to registration numbers, change of policy, or availability of instructors/facilities.
- Adverse weather-related closures
- Every effort will be made to ensure that all Recreation facilities remain open during regular hours of operation, with programs and services to the public continuing to operate as normal. In the event of severe, adverse weather, please check our website for details.
- Supervision of Children
- Our facilities are public places and open to all members of the community. To ensure the safety of all patrons, children under 10 years of age, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian of at least 14 years of age. Where attending a registered program, the child under 10 years of age need not be accompanied throughout the program (unless otherwise stated) however, the parent/guardian must remain in the building during the program (programs in excess of two (2) consecutive hours excluded).
- Safe Arrival & Departure
- In order to ensure the safety of our participants, parents/guardians are required to accompany their child to the program area when dropping them off and come into the program area to pick them up. Please ensure that the staff member is aware of your presence when you return to pick up your child. In the event that your child is being picked up by someone else, please inform the staff member at the beginning of the program.
- Drop-In Programs
- Unless otherwise posted, admission to Pay-As-You-Go programming may begin fifteen (15) minutes prior to the program start time on a first-come first-served basis.
- Good Behaviour Guidelines
- The City of Brampton is committed to provide a safe and harassment-free environment. Coarse language, physical, aggressive, disrespectful, or uncooperative behaviour is not acceptable. If inappropriate behaviour occurs, it will be recorded, reported and may result in removal from the program and/or facility.
- Peanut/Nut Allergy Alert
- Due to the increased number of children with peanut/nut allergies, we request that nut products not be brought into programs. For programming that requires participants bring a lunch, please avoid packing peanut butter sandwiches or food that contains nut products (e.g. granola bars).
- To ensure participants’ wellbeing, please make sure that our staff is aware of any severe allergies or medical conditions. It is strongly recommended that children take any necessary medication at home under the supervisor of a parent/guardian. Participants that require medication during program hours must have a parent/guardian complete and sign a Personal Information Record available from program or camp staff.
- Missed Classes
- In order to provide the selection and variety of program opportunities, we regretfully cannot offer a makeup class in the event that a participant is unable to attend a program/class.
- Inclusion (Special Needs)
- The Public Services Department encourages and welcomes participants with disabilities (please see specific program options on page 73 of the brochure). Admission fees may be waived for Support Persons accompanying a person with a disability, as long as the support person is not participating in the program/service (some restrictions may apply). Additionally, opportunities may exist for the individual to be registered for non-specific programming (please contact the Coordinator, Special Needs at 905-846-2370 for more information).
- Holiday Program Cancellations
- Typically, registered programs will not be scheduled on public statutory holidays. Please refer to your Registration Receipt for specific course details
- Electronic Devices
- In order to ensure the safety, comfort and privacy of all patrons using our facilities, the use of electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, digital music players, portable video game consoles, etc) are not permitted in change rooms due to the integration of cameras into these devices.
- Photography & Filming
- Please note that to ensure the privacy of others, filming or photography may not be permitted during certain registered programs and/or drop-in programming.