The Tourism Oriented Destination Signage (TODS) program gives tourist operators in the City of Brampton an opportunity to apply for directional signs on roadways other than the 400 series highways.
If you are an eligible tourism operator and if sign space exists, you can apply for up to 4 signs bearing your operation's name, a generic symbol (or in some cases your corporate logo) and directional information.
All operators applying to the City of Brampton’s TODS program must meet the following eligibility criteria or be approved by the Provincial TODS program.
To qualify, your tourist operation must:
- Be open to the general public.
- Comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Be accessible by a road open to traffic.
- Be open to the public at least 12 consecutive weeks per year.
- Be open at least five days a week during its operating season, on advertised days and times.
- Advertise its location, operating season, hours, and contact information in public material available locally.
You may need to meet further detailed criteria. Click here for more information.
The cost of the TODS program is the responsibility of the tourist operator. The operator will be charged a one-time fee for installation and custom logos (if applicable) and on an annual basis to recover the costs of maintenance.
Annual fees are $65 or $153 depending on the size of the sign.
How to Apply for the TODS Program
Fill out the Application Form and mail or drop off at:
Traffic Engineering Services - TODS Program
1975 Williams Parkway
Brampton, ON L6S 6E5
For more information, contact Public Works at 311.