In 2011, Brampton's Works & Transportation Department celebrated their dedication to "Serving You and Your Community" with fellow staff, politicians and Brampton residents.
- Monday, May 16, 2011 marked the official kick-off to Brampton’s NPWW celebration.
- The ceremony took place at Brampton Transit's Sandalwood facility, with students from St. Joachim Elementary School, members of the Flower City Seniors Recreation Centre, local politicians, and W&T staff in attendance.
- The official NPWW flag was raised to officially marking the beginning of Brampton’s NPWW events.
- Scout teams from Brampton and three surrounding municipalities met at Brampton’s Chinguacousy Park before setting off on a race throughout the city using our transit system.
- Their mission was to locate 9 distinctive checkpoints, learning about Works & Transportation in the process.
- The 4th Georgetown Scout group won the competition.
Students from Grades 1 to 3 had a chance to participate in the NPWW poster contest.
Contestants had to create a poster that described how Works & Transportation is "serving you and your community".
Melyssa MacDonald from St. Jean Brebeuf Catholic Elementary School won this year's contest.
Councillor Gael Miles presented Melyssa with a framed copy of the poster at the City Council Meeting.
Eco Tour at the Heart Lake Conservation Area
The eco tour for students was held at the Heart Lake Conservation Authority where a revitalization program is in full force.
The Toronto Region Conservation Authority guided the students through the park, using this opportunity to teach them how the conservation area serves ecosystems throughout Brampton.
The students participated in a number of activities, including planting trees and taking part in an education session on stormwater management.
School Tours at Williams Parkway Yard
Teams race to see who can pull a 40-foot bus in the fastest time
Drivers test their skills by manoeuvring a bus through an obstacle course
Open house tours at our Works & Transit facilities
Displays in the Atrium at City Hall
Promoting careers in Works & Transportation with presentations at Brampton schools